FSSAI Food License
FSSAI Food License
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is a legal authority that offers a food license to all food business operators (FBO) in India. All the FBOs must follow all the rules and regulations of FSSAI for food quality control.
An FBO requires an FSSAI License or Registration all depends upon the parts like the size of production, managing nature of food business activities and range of operation. In the FSSAI Registration process, the FBO will get 14 digit number that needs to be printed on food packages.
FSSAI Registration ensures the security of food products and it is essentially a food safety certificate circulated by the food authority in India. All the manufacturers, traders, restaurants, grocery shops, importers and exporters, etc are eligible for issuing FSSAI Licence. FSSAI Licensing assures that food products undergo specific quality checks, thereby decreasing the cases of adulteration, substandard products.
We provides FSSAI online registration and licenses all over India. We can help you to get an FSSAI License which can intensify the quality of your food if you are interested in the food business in Delhi.
Expert Advice and FSSAI eligibility consultation.
Application Drafting for FSSAI Registration.
14-Digital FSSAI License number.
Product Category clarification.
Timely Follow- up With FSSAI Department.
FSSAI Renewal before the expiry.
Legal documentation on a need basis.
Open to offer Basic Registration, State Registration, and Central Registration.
Who needs FSSAI Registration?
- FBO likes a wholesaler, distributor, supplier, and retailer, food vending establishments, hawkers, club, canteen, Dhaba, hotel, restaurants, and storage with an annual turnover of less than Rs. 12 lakh, between Rs.12 Lakh- Rs.20 crore or more than Rs. 20 crore.
- Petty producers manufacturing by itself
- A makeshift stall selling food products.
- Businesses involved in selling food at a social or religious gathering, other than a caterer.
- Cottage industries associated with food products
- Production or processing units of vegetable oil by the process of solvent extraction and refineries including oil expeller system. With a capacity to provide not more than 100 kg/liter per day (except milk or meat).
- Dairy units, involved in procurement/collection/handling/chilling of milk, having a capacity of not more than 500 liters per day, or up to 2.5 Metric Ton of milk solids annually.
- A slaughtering capacity of not more than 2 large animals or 10 small animals or 50 poultry birds per day.
- Proprietary Foods
- Production and processing units of vegetable oil by the process of solvent extraction and refineries including oil expeller unit. With a turnover within Rs. 12 lacs to Rs. 20 crores annually.
- Hotels of 4-star ratings or less or that have been rated 5-star or more.
- Storages having a capacity of less than 50,000 metric tonnes yearly or with a capacity of more than 50,000 metric tonnes.
- All food processing units including re-packers, with a daily capacity of not less than 100 kg/liter to up to 2 metric tonnes.
- 100 % export oriented units involved in food production or processing.
- Every Importer including the import of food ingredients or additives.
- Caterers working under Central Government or related agencies such as Railways, Airlines and airport, Seaport, Defence, etc.
- All food processing units including re-packers and excluding the grains, pulses & cereals milling units with a capacity of over 2 metric tonnes per day.
- All FBOs involved in producing an item of food, additive or its ingredient, using some new process or technology, and/or a combination thereof, whose safety has not been established yet by the FSSAI. Or they may not have a history of safe usage. It covers the food articles being introduced in the country, for the first time.
Types of FSSAI Licence
Businesses engaged in food activities are required to apply for food licence of different types based on turnover, scale of business and the type of activity. The Types of FSSAI Food licence are as follows:
FSSAI Basic Registration
The FSSAI registration is for food business operators (FBOs) which have small-sized business or start-ups. They have their annual turnover less than Rs.12 Lakh. Basic registration can be upgraded depends on your business sales graph productivity.
FSSAI State license
The State FSSAI License is for the FBOs which have medium- size business. They have their annual turnover more than Rs. 12 Lakhs or up to Rs.20 crores. The state licence can be further upgraded to central licence all depends on your business sale graph productivity.
FSSAI Central license
The Central FSSAI License is applicable for FBOs which have large business annual turnover i.e. above Rs.20 crores. It is also required in cases where you need to supply at the government offices or import / export food products.
|Basic FSSAI Registration||State FSSAI Licence||Central FSSAI Licence|
|The basic registration is for the FBOs which have their turnover up to Rs.12 lakh||The state license is for those FBOs which have their turnover up to Rs 12 lakh to Rs.20 crore||The central license is for those FBOs which have their turnover more than Rs.20 crore.|
|The basic registration is for the petty food business||The state license is for the medium-sized food business.||The central license is for the large food business.|
|In this registration, the document required Form A to be filled.||In this registration, the document required Form B to be filled.||In this registration, the document required Form B to be filled.|
Benefits of applying for FSSAI Registration
FBOs must know FSSAI Licence adds on the benefit of a reliable & loyal customer base.
FSSAI Registration is done under the regulatory body FSSAI, legal action being taken for any non- compliance.
FSSAI logo is a mark of validity and an assurance to your consumers that the food is safe to consume.
The goodwill of the Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) will make business available and effortless to expand.
Procedure For Online FSSAI Registration
Complete a Simple Form
You need to fill our FSSAI application form and provide details about your food business.
Send your Documents
You need to email us the required documents and we will create your FSSAI Form A and Form B.
Your FSSAI License application along with other declarations are filed to the local FBO by our CS/ CA.
FSSAI license Issued
We will mail you the license which will act as food license online after regular follows ups with the food safety department.
Steps for getting the Food license
One can file the FSSAI application directly with the government. The process is long and requires 60 days to get completed :
Step 1 :
Fill FSSAI licensing registration form A on FSSAI website and make the payment for FSSAI application at the FBO nearby your locality.
Step 2 :
Once the payment confirmation is reflected in your FSSAI account, you need to file Form B with the government. There are multiple declarations and resolutions that need to be filed with your application. E.g., board resolution, owner self-declaration. These declarations should ideally be prepared by a company secretary.
Step 3 :
You will then need to follow-up with the government department for an update on your application. The government may send back your application for edits – if you fail to respond with 15 days of the application, then your application will be rejected.
Step 4 :
The government department will take 45-60 working days to completely review your application and approve the same. Else, you can hire us for getting the FSSAI license for you. We get license issued in 98% of our cases and save our customers from all the government hassles.In certain situations, customer might need to visit the Food department or pay additional fees to the inspector
Documents required to obtain FSSAI Food License
Validity Time of FSSAI Licence
FSSAI license validity stretches out from 1 to 5 years. According to the FSSAI rules, the food business operator requires to appeal for the renewal of the license in 30 days and it should be made before its expiry. Any FSSAI renewal application filed exceeding the expiry date is required to pay a late fee of Rs. 100 per day for each day of delay. So, it’s essential to all food business operators to track and assure that the FSSAI license is valid at every time.
What Is Included In Our Package?
FSSAI Licence Number
The FSSAI logo and FSSAI license number are always mentioned on the label of the food package in inverse colour to the background. In the case of various units’ manufacturer or packer, the FSSAI logo and license number of the brand owner must be mentioned on the label of the food package. The addresses of the various units on the label must carry the FSSAI license number.
In the case of imported food products, the importer must show the FSSAI logo and FSSAI license number with the name and address of the importer. These may both be pre-printed on the label or attached by a sticker before customs clearance. The height of letters and numeral of license number shall be as directed in 2.3.3 of Food Safety and Standards i.e. Packaging and Labelling Regulation, 2011.
The Regulation 2.6.1 of Food Safety and Standards is relevant to present of FSSAI License number and logo. The image of FSSAI logo on the label of the food product is not a mark of certification but it implies that the FBO includes a valid license under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006.
FSSAI License Renewal
The food license allotted has a validity of one year and can be increased to a maximum of 5 years by the food regulatory body. The moment license validity gets expired the food business operator becomes liable for a FSSAI license renewal. The fssai renewal system is manageable and should be taken into the account as soon as possible to avoid penalties. Fssai has allotted the guideline that in 30 days and before the expiry of the licence the food safety registration has to get renewed.
- Form A or B, as required
- Declaration by the Proprietor or Director, that they will comply with the updated Rules and Regulations under FSSAI
- Photo ID proof of the Proprietor or Director
FSSAI officials will check the details given in the application form. They might even visit and conduct an inquiry of the premises and examine the machinery & equipment. They will monitor the performance and validity of the Food Safety Management System, whether it has not become out-of-date. They will investigate that the documents and details given in the form are official or not.
If the FSSAI officials are satisfied with their inquiries. And see that the guidelines of the FSSAI are being adopted thoroughly. Your FSSAI License will get renewed. Again, the maximum period it would be valid for is 5 years.
All Food Business Operators (FBOs) have to comply with the rules and regulations under the FSSAI. FSSAI holds a random investigation product or its processing. A Food Safety Official has the authority from FSSAI to inspect the working conditions along with the food handling techniques of the operators, associates, and staff.
Thereafter, they determine a level, based upon how compliant the food business is, with the regulations set by the Food Authority, using a checklist. Based on the checklist, the Official registers a level for the FBO as:
- Compliance (C),
- Partial compliance (PC),
- Non-compliance (NC), or
- Not applicable/Not observed (NA).
Additionally, the Food Official might issue an Improvement Notice, describing the areas or levels that need improvements. If the FBO fails to change these, within a specified time, a Show Cause Notice is sent.
This Show Cause Notice states a date of hearing by which this FBO has to prove, backed with documentary evidence describing why it could not undertake the amendments or alterations. If the proofs are denied, or the FBO fails to reply to the Improvement Notice, within the specified time, its FSSAI number will get canceled.
In case the aggrieved FBO feels that the improvement notice is biased, it has the choice to file an Appeal with the State Commissioner for Food Safety. The decision by the State Commissioner can be challenged by appealing to the Food Safety Appellate Tribunal or the high court.
Penalty of Non-Compliance
Below is a list of FSSAI penalties for an FBO found non-compliant to the provisions:
- If the food business is running without taking an FSSAI certificate, the act is punishable under law. The FBO may face imprisonment and a fine of up to Rs. 5 lakh for this.
- If the FBO is selling the sub-standard quality of food items, it may be charged for an amount up to Rs. 5 lakhs. In such a case, the person selling the sub-standard items, either himself or by a person working on his behalf, will be held responsible.
- The business selling misbranded goods, either himself or by a person working on his behalf, can be penalized up to Rs. 3 lakh.
- All the FBOs included in sales, packers, storage, distributions, or importing of Food Items comprising superfluous or extraneous matter, a penalty may get levied of Rs. 1 lakh.
The penalty specified in the above points may vary, according to the conditions. In extreme cases, where death occurs due to consumption of the particular food item, the fine may extend to Rs. 5 lakh along with imprisonment, depending upon the s the harm caused.